Vermont Working Lands Companies
(Agriculture, Food production, Forest products and Wood products)
Hosted by VMEC, this special event will be led by Doug Hall, Founder of Eureka! Ranch & the Innovation Engineering Institute and VMEC’s Innovation Engineering Black Belts Patricia Giavara, Lisa Henderson and Don Paul
Vermont Technical College (VTC), Judd Hall, 8 am – 5 pm, Randolph Center, VT both days
- Refine strategic innovation objective and leverage diversity of the group to CREATE Ideas to solve
- Refine ideas using Innovation Engineering® tools
- Select favorite idea, rewrite concept and do the business math
- Ideas “tested” for Meaningfulness and Uniqueness by panel of expert reviewers (off site)
- Explanation of test results and coaching in methods for reinvention of the ideas to resolve critical issues
- Third cycle of idea refinement, business math and critical issues to resolve completed and “pitch” prepared
- Volunteer company teams pitch their new product or service idea to potential customers or industry panel
- Participants reflect on what they learned, and consider first steps to create a culture of innovation at their companies
Meetings with VMEC and other participating companies provide follow-on support to complete projects and reinforce the Innovation Engineering® methods learned.
- Review project progress and outcomes with VMEC Innovation Engineering Black Belt, 1 month and 6 months after event.
- Participate in two, small group meetings with other participating companies to update on projects and share learnings